That awkward moment when you leave a store without buying anything and all you can think is “act natural, you’re innocent”.
Black people probs
This shit is soo real
Kierron-de' Rose. Psychology undergrad. addicted to thirifting. loves making clothes.
Anonymous said: Can u summarize what is up with Dashcon???? I see it everywhere but don't really understand what's going on.
ALRIGHT, HERE IS MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE EVENT, SUMMED UP IN BULLETS.
- A tumblr convention, set up by this group of people
- Appeared to be a pretty legit event, with guests such as Steam Powered Giraffe and Welcome To Night Vale.
- Steam Powered Giraffe canceled LONG AGO, even though they’re STILLpushing Steam Powered Giraffe tickets for tomorrow.
- WTNV walked out due to lack of payment. Dashcon “”“”staff”“”” isn’t being very transparent about WHY there was no payment.
- First day of the convention, there was some misunderstanding about the hotel contract (they had a ‘verbal contract’ wtf) and they needed to raise SEVENTEEN GRAND ON THE SPOT IN TWO HOURS.
- they did it, and people are pissed
- Although they promised everyone who payed for special WTNV seating a refund, they couldn’t afford to refund them, so bought them a ball pit instead. People who reserved seating get an extra hour in the ball pit
- . No one knows where the 17k is, and the hotel/convention center was contacted, and never demanded any 17k.
- They’re letting minors into a panel about BDSM. No one knows if this one is true or not- or if that panel is even happening, but there are lots of nc-17/R panels that supposedly children are getting into
- tumblr children are being shitbabies and sang les mis and queen until the hotel let them in.
- Everyone is comparing it to Canterlot Gardens- and even more serverely, las pegasus unicon.
- WTNVhad to pay for their own airfare and stop their tour for this event, and are getting no compensation whatsoever.
- The vendors room is strangely empty
- Famous artistGeothebio is taking a break from tumblr, because she’s getting negativity from this event
- Emma Grant, known for the Sherlock fanfiction ‘a cure for boredom’ was considered a guest. For writing a PWP fic.
- They’re claiming to be a “Random Acts of Kindness Partner” when Random Acts of Kindness are like ‘yeah nope. ONE of our volunteers works there.”
- Basically, the whole thing is looking like a big ol’ scam.
- this fucking mess
- The game room consists of a table and a tv. That’s it.
- sorry this took so long!!!!
This is hilarious. I’m so happy this event is going on